Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lady Fiasco - Kathleen Baldwin

Lady Fiasco (Regency Trilogy, #1)Lady Fiasco by Kathleen Baldwin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I normally read series in order, but this time I went off reviews and started with a later book - I found that good advice. I liked this one much less than the other I've read so far.

Aunt Honore is more than just notorious here - she's scandalous. Her soiree was just a bit too much for me. In the later book, she's feisty and unconventional, but not crude. I found myself really being turned off by several episodes. I would not classify this as a 'clean' romance because of them, even though it had nothing to do with the actual couple's interactions.

The romance was also just all right. If the couple didn't have a history of knowing each other since childhood, it would have been a terrible case of instalove. There wasn't really any development of their feelings for each other. It was just an on switch and then a lot of running away and denial in between kisses. I didn't find their relationship very satisfying, especially when the main character was being a jerk whenever he wasn't kissing the girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment