Monday, August 10, 2015

The Infinity Concerto - Greg Bear

The Infinity Concerto The Infinity Concerto by Greg Bear
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I quit at 29%. If this wasn't a book club read, I would have stopped a lot sooner. It's too dark for me. The main character is too isolated, the world too hostile. It's all grayscale in my mind. Faerie shouldn't be ugly and colorless and full of death and despair, even when dangerous to humans. There should at least be an alien beauty to it. But this was all ugliness and hardship.

I was forcing myself to continue reading (because - book club), but I was getting depressed even when I wasn't reading it (NOT good, and completely against all the reasons why I read), so I moved onto something else and really haven't looked back since.

Not for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment