Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review: The White Queen

The White Queen (The Cousins' War, #1)The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Why did I buy this book? Why, why, why? If I had only borrowed it, I would have abandoned it ages ago. But I hate wasting money on books so I've been forcing myself to get through it. Now at 61% I'm not sure it's worth it just because I own the thing.

This book is so boring. It's basically a listing of the back-and-forth struggles for the throne from the point of view of a woman who considers only her power and the power of her family. She is not a first-hand witness of most of the actual action, so it all happens in the distance and we just get told the results as they affect her and her family's claims to royalty. There is no emotional attachment to the events or the main character.

I stuck it out through a few changes in fortune, and when the next one commenced I just couldn't face more of the same. I hate not finishing books, but enough is enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment