Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Fool Moon


Fool Moon
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I enjoyed Fool Moon much more than the first book in the series, probably because I knew I'd have to be in the mood to read something full of constant catastrophes before I picked it up. I think you have to be prepared not to breathe much when reading a Dresden book. Once again it's nonstop action, and Harry always seems to be a step behind. I can't believe he's still alive at the end with all the injuries he accrues, let alone able to fight (or have an intimate moment mixed in with everything!).

I was annoyed with him at the beginning because of his 'chivalric' attitude towards Murphy, which he is bullheadedly proud of even when it causes huge problems. No sooner does he promise Murphy that he will tell her everything and not try to protect her than he ignores his promise twice without even thinking twice about it. And he's surprised when she stops trusting him. Where's the chivalry in breaking a promise like that?

What made me feel better about it as he's repeatedly bashed around over the next couple of days is that he's actually starting to realize what an idiot he can be. His moments of self-reflection helped me to relate to him better. I think there might be hope for him.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment