Friday, June 26, 2015

Sign of the Four - Arthur Conan Doyle

The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes, #2)The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars, rounded up.

I did enjoy the mystery a lot, and am warming up to Watson and Holmes, but the extra story of the villain that was tacked on the end was again too much of a tangent. It was enough for me to take off half a star from my rating. At least I knew about it beforehand this time, so I wasn't too surprised when the last quarter was a second story. I was still waiting for it to get over with, although there were a few interesting parts in there. I heard that this is the last Sherlock Holmes story with the entire story of the crime dumped at the end, and that Doyle found his style after this. If so, I am looking forward to the more mature stories to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment