Monday, June 22, 2015

The Shadowy Horses - Susanna Kearsley

The Shadowy HorsesThe Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shadowy Horses was another quick, enjoyable read by Susanna Kearsley. It's not a time-slip like the others that I've read, but more of a contemporary ghost story, although it's really not what you would call a chilling one. I expected a bit more of an eerie, Gothic atmosphere, and got more Scottish flavor instead (which is really not a bad thing).

The story centers on an archaeological dig in an old fishing town where a mad old scholar believes he's found the final resting place of the Roman Ninth Legion. I enjoyed the details of the dig and the cast of characters involved. I even liked the romance aspect of it. All-in-all, it was just the kind of escape I was looking for at the beginning of my summer holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment