Sunday, May 4, 2014

Review: Strange Sweet Song


Strange Sweet Song
Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



50 pages in, and I don't care. I get the point that Sing really wants to sing Angelique and be the best of the best as an arriving Freshman at an elite academy. I really get it. That's about all I get so far. Aside from a mysterious character who showed up on the roof, there's been nothing else except for talking about auditions. Another YA paranormal that spends too much time on schoolgirl rivalries, and it looks like infatuation will be part of it as well. I'm sure something interesting will happen with the Gothic theme and the monsters in the forest, but I'm also pretty sure it's going to take a lot of wading through the other usual stuff to get there. I've decided not to do this to myself anymore. I think I'm done with this genre.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment