Saturday, March 29, 2014

Review: The Farwalker's Quest


The Farwalker's Quest
The Farwalker's Quest by Joni Sensel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Farwalker's Quest is billed as a Middle Grade Fantasy, but aside from the age of the main characters (12), I really found it quite mature. It's grim (lots of death) and even gruesome at times, so I'm not sure I would recommend it for the younger Middle Grade readers. It's more adventure than introspection or romance, though, so I'm guessing that's why it's not classed as YA.

The story is set in the far future of Earth after a war of technology killed off most of the population. Technology is basically legend, and humans have returned to an isolated village sort of existence so it has more of a Fantasy feel than Sci Fi or Dystopia.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the world, and grew attached to the main characters. I'm looking forward to picking up the sequels sometime soon.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment