Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: Warbreaker


Warbreaker
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is the first Brandon Sanderson book I read. I chose it because it was a standalone, it was on sale, and I wanted to take the measure of the guy who was finishing the Wheel of Time.

I loved it. It's full of political intrigue, characters to care about, and wonderful magic. Sanderson is truly one of the most imaginative authors I've read. It was well-written, which was such a relief after all the duds I'd been reading. My hopes for the WoT ending were fully revived.

At the end of the book, my only thought was, "Why isn't there a sequel to this?" Then I went on to read the Mistborn trilogy and realized that although this is wonderful, it pales in comparison. Mistborn is now my all-time favorite. If you haven't read that yet, read this first so your expectations aren't too high.

I still hope that Sanderson will get back to writing a sequel, but it doesn't seem likely with the Stormlight Archive series at a projected 10 books.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment