Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: Wanderlust


Wanderlust
Wanderlust by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I think for my experience / mood while reading Wanderlust, I should rate it 2 stars. But the end gave it a nudge back towards 3. I really don't enjoy books where nothing goes right and everything falls to pieces. This was one, and I also found some of the plot devices to be outrageously unbelievable.

That said, I believe it was necessary in order to give the series somewhere to go. It's like Grimspace was written without much thought of a larger story, and too much was wrapped up all nicely. When that happens, you have to break it all again. So, I understand what this book was about. I just didn't have fun reading it. I hope things will start to get put back together again in Doubleblind. I think I'll take a bit of a break before I try it, though.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment