Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review: Shadowland


Shadowland
Shadowland by Meg Cabot

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Each of the six books in this series is pretty short, which might put some people off spending money on them. Luckily, I was able to get them from the library so I didn't have to decide if it was worth it to me. I probably would have missed out, otherwise, because I ended up loving them.

The series is light and humorous while dealing with some serious stuff (death, ghosts, murder, passage to the other side). I really love the setting in a small town in California. There's a feeling of history to it - of the days of Spanish influence. This adds a completely different flavor than you get in most urban fantasies or paranormals that I've read. If you're thinking 'pink princessy diary' thoughts about Meg Cabot, don't. This might as well be a different author, aside from the light, witty tone.

It's been a couple of years since I read them, but it's one of those series that will just pop into my mind occasionally. Not anything specific about the plot - it's more like catching a scent that reminds me of a feeling. I imagine I'll read them again one day.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment