Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: Grimspace


Grimspace
Grimspace by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I've been reading mainly fantasy and historical fiction for forever, and really needed to change it up for once. I haven't had much success with the sci fi genre so far in books, even though I love shows like Star Trek and Farscape. But with some Goodreads recommendations helping me to sort through the chaff, I took the plunge on this one, and I'm so glad I did. This was a great space adventure with plenty of emotion and depth (not dry, boring and uber-geeky, in other words), dashing through space, space stations and planets, sorting out conspiracies, and even with psychic powers and romance. I'll definitely be reading the next book.

Just in case this matters to you, the romance was a bit - er - warmer than I usually go for, but it wasn't very graphically explicit, and didn't take over the book. It's clear what's happening, though, so I just thought I should mention it for those who avoid sex scenes like the plague.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment