Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: The Pirate's Wish


The Pirate's Wish
The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



The Pirate’s Wish was definitely an improvement on the first book. I discovered at the end that this was actually written as one book and split in two for publishing. I believe it would have helped me to know that at the beginning, and this duology should really be read as one book because not much effort was made to bring closure to the first part.

Overall, I ended up liking the story even though I was frustrated with much of the first book. The second part had a lot more action and real adventure in it. The heroine was still a bit reactive at times, lashing out when she felt hurt, but overall she bothered me less. I am glad I went ahead and finished it even though it’s not going on my favorites shelf or anything. I do think that it could have been published as one book and some of the less active portions from the first book could have been edited out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment