Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: Ella Enchanted


Ella Enchanted
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Ella Enchanted is an entertaining fairy tale retelling of Cinderella, which I'm sure most people know already. I'm not going to say too much about it since it's so well known. The twists on the original tale are well done, and it's not too dark even though Ella goes through some terrible times. I thought the curse was a great way to explain the original magic of the fairy tale.

I had watched the movie version before reading the book, which is always dangerous. It's hard to stay interested if I already know what's going to happen. Thankfully, the book had quite a few differences so I could enjoy it. I do wish I'd been able to read this when I was younger, as it's exactly the kind of tale I would have loved as a kid. As an adult, "I liked it" is as far as I can go.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment