Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review: Ice Blue


Ice Blue
Ice Blue by Emma Jameson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is a contemporary New Scotland Yard procedural mystery in London with some quite gruesome murders and gritty details making this not what I would call a cozy mystery. Involving the elite class, which I didn't realize was still so... elite these days, the mystery was interesting with some good misdirection and a satisfying reveal.

For those who like a bit of romance in their mystery, there is the start of a romance between the 60 year old chief and a detective half his age, which surprisingly didn't seem too weird. There was some insta-love there, and not enough explanation of why the chief is suddenly in love with his subordinate. The romance took a back seat to the mystery, so it didn't take over the entire plot, but it could still be too much for some readers - there was more than a trace of it.

I enjoyed the mystery in spite of the blood and guts, so I'll be checking out the next book in the series for sure.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment