Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: The Girl in the Gatehouse


The Girl in the Gatehouse
The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I should have read this book three years ago when I bought it - I think I would have liked it more. Since then my tastes have evolved away from romances like this. I still like the odd romance, but I'm finding I'm a lot more picky these days. Maybe I've read too many and they've gotten too predictable for me. The inspirational ones are often more moralizing than I like as well, even though I like the lack of physical intimacy descriptions.

Anyway, if you like inspirational romances, this is a good one. I found it had far too many coincidences, but it was entertaining at least and not as depressing or judgmental as some 'fallen women' stories I've read in the past. There's also not an overwhelming amount of scripture, prayer or 'God-talk', which is one reason I like this author compared to others in the genre.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment