Friday, September 20, 2013

Review: Endgame


Endgame
Endgame by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Endgame is a satisfying conclusion to the Grimspace series. The whole series ended up being different than I expected, not having one epic story arc with a cataclysmic ending. By the time I reached this book, I understood that better.

The entire book takes place on one planet again, involving the long struggle for freedom for the natives of La’heng. I have to say that although I missed Grimspace and some of the crew from the past, I was still captured by this story. I love Jax's relationship with Vel, and the way she continues to mature (finally!) in her relationship to March, as well as others. As Jax matures, the combination of desperate action, friendship and loss makes this war feel real.

I'm happy with the ending, but I wish there was more. Since it's not an epic with a final goal, there could be room for more someday - right? I'll miss this world and these people.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment