Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Review: Boundless


Boundless
Boundless by Cynthia Hand

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I felt dragged to read this against my will, because I hate leaving things unfinished. Now I have tidied up another series and can put it behind me. Luckily since I'd gotten past book two, I found this one was worth finishing just to read how it ends. I can't help thinking that it would have made a better story if shortened into one longer novel instead of broken up and spread out.

Boundless was much better than the middle book of the trilogy - it's not just teens talking and feeling (but that's still a big part of it). Something actually happens - all the promised action that we've been waiting for, the war between dark and light angels arrives. It's not on the large, apocalyptic scale that I expected with the word 'war' in the description. It's more like a personal fight. Still, this is the part that I kept reading for, and I was happy enough with how it went.

On the teen drama side of things, which still takes up much of the book, Clara, Angela and Christian are all in their first year of college, and the love triangle is on-going with Tucker. I really don't care for love triangles since I have a hard time with a girl who can't make her mind up and strings guys along. I'm not sure what I think about how it was resolved, but I've decided I don't really care. I have a feeling there's going to be a spin-off series for the person left hanging, but I don't think I'll be reading it. This is finished enough.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment