Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review: Changeless


Changeless
Changeless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I love the banter between Alexia and Lord Maccon in this series. It kept Changeless entertaining even though the plot didn't really pick up right away - I felt the mystery was a bit blasé with all the 'where we are now' stage-setting. Once the action began to move towards Scotland, the plot itself got way more interesting.

The steampunk elements are more obvious in this book than in the first, with dirigibles, gadgets, machinery that runs on the aether, and the coolest parasol ever. We are introduced to a new character, a female inventor from France who dresses like a man (shocking!).

Like I said, the mystery gets better once the story moves to Scotland, and we also get the added benefit of learning more about Conall's past and his original pack, as well as more about the scientific workings of various paranormal species.

The ending is a bit of a shock, and a cliffhanger. I had to start the third book right away.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment