Monday, November 26, 2012

Review: Storm Front


Storm Front
Storm Front by Jim Butcher

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Storm Front is a solid start to a series. There's lots and lots of action - almost more than I could take at some points. Harry Dresden has a few really, really bad days in this book. His life is in danger from many fronts - demons, vampires, magical councils, mysterious unknown powerful wizards, and human cops and gangsters. He's all alone in dealing with it, and he's broke to top it all off. He's injured often, and he barely scrapes by with some sliver of luck that he manages to hang onto by his fingernails.

It's exciting, it's calamitous, and I'm exhausted from reading it. I've heard that the series gets better at about book 4, and I am interested enough to stick with it. I just hope Harry has some downtime in the next one!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment