Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Review: Edenbrooke


Edenbrooke
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Edenbrooke is absolutely delightful. I wish more publishers out there would pick up romance stories like this, without the prerequisite sex scenes. There is none of that here, and instead we are treated to a romance that focuses much more on the emotions of the characters and how they fall in love. So it's a love story, not just a romance. In my experience, those are quite hard to find.

For those of you who aren't big into any kind of romance you'll want to steer clear of this. There is not much to it at all besides that very sweet love story. There's not much complexity, and some of the plot is typical romance-style (one character was overly dense at times). But if you do enjoy a good romance, especially if you prefer the more emotional than physical type, it is beautifully written and full of tension. I gobbled it up in one evening, and it was absolutely sigh-worthy.

This is definitely reminiscent of a few Georgette Heyer novels that I've read - I'm thinking Sylvester and Regency Buck, just a little. But it was its own story and its own style, and since those are two of my favorite Heyer novels, it can't be bad that I was reminded of them in some way.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment