Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: Out of Time: A Time Travel Mystery


Out of Time: A Time Travel Mystery
Out of Time: A Time Travel Mystery by Monique Martin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Based on the description, I expected to find Out of Time a combination of time travel and historical mystery with a bit of romance. It is true that these elements are present, but really what I found myself reading was a fairly generic romance that could have taken place anywhere, anytime, with some time travel and mystery thrown in, but not sufficiently developed.

The story starts out in the present, with a professor of the occult and his assistant finding themselves unexpectedly launched back to the 1920s. They have to figure out how to survive in the past, but once they do, the story completely stalls as the focus shifts almost completely to the romance. Not much else happens until close to the end, when the conflict finally escalates just in time to bring about a cool time-travel twist to the ending - the sort of thing I'd been waiting for all along, and the reason why I gave this 3 stars instead of 2. If only there had been more of that throughout, I would have been happier.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment