Friday, January 15, 2016

Revelation - Carol Berg

Revelation Revelation by Carol Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been terrible about writing reviews lately, so I'm going to do a quick summary of thoughts instead. It's better than nothing, right?

I enjoyed this quite a bit less than the first book, which wasn't hard since that one was amazing. This is the second book in a trilogy, so everything had to get all messed up. It was dark. Seyonne pretty much could do nothing right, alienated everyone possible, went through immense pain, doubt, and hell, and I felt terrible for him most of the time. I could have used a bit more hope, or at least one source of light in the darkness, but we really didn't get anything to lighten it up at all.

I also felt like the middle part of the book dragged on a bit too long. It was dark and bleak, and I wanted it to move on. Once it did, it was so good! The last third of the book was very difficult to stop reading, and I ended up loving how it all came together. Everything Seyonne went through did have a purpose. I can't wait to see how it all gets resolved in the final book. I'm just hoping it won't be as dark as this one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment