Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Siren Depths - Martha Wells



The Siren Depths by Martha Wells

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The Siren Depths answers some questions that I had hoped to learn about in the second book and the Fell also return as a threat. Most importantly, though, Moon finally figures out his place among the Raksura.

This is great high fantasy. The stakes are still not world-wide, even though they are higher in this book than the previous ones. But they are high for the characters and the Raksura Courts, and the world remains vivid and exotic - a world to get lost in.

I love the details on interactions between Courts, the political intrigue and cultural nuances, and the attempts to communicate cross-culturally with groundlings. It feels very real with these different cultures that are full of misunderstanding and opposing perspectives. It's not a black and white world, and it's completely absorbing. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of reading this novel. This is going down as one of my favorite series. The story wraps up everything it needs to, but I can't help hoping there will be another book about the Raksura someday. I'll miss this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment