Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: The Queen of Attolia


The Queen of Attolia
The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Queen of Attolia is full of political intrigue, the sort between nations at war, not really between individuals for the most part. The maneuvering is mostly at a distance, either with armies or secret attacks. I did enjoy it, but not really until the second half of the book when the action between nations started to get more personal. Well, aside from the beginning, which was full of action - and wow, I can't believe what happens to Eugenides! But the first half of the book is him dealing with what happened at the beginning - not a very pleasant time - and with no clues as to what else he has on his mind. I do like twists, but without any clues at all, I find it kind of boring until the plot twists actually begin to surface.

So, I'd rate the second half of the book 4 stars, but because of the first half, I didn't like it as much as my other 4 star books. 3.5 stars.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment