Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: The Cater Street Hangman


The Cater Street Hangman
The Cater Street Hangman by Anne Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I struggled to get into this for the first 70 pages. The setup of the family relationships as being over-righteous, stuffy and proper took about that long. Once they finally started to be shaken by the events taking place, characters finally began to take on more depth and interest for me.

I enjoy mysteries in the Victorian setting, and this causes enough suspicion between people to shake things up, regardless of who is really the killer. There were enough surprises to make me want to read more in the series, plus I want to read more about Detective Pitt and his relationship to Charlotte.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment