Friday, April 27, 2012

Review: Dark Road to Darjeeling


Dark Road to Darjeeling
Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was an improvement on Silent on the Moor, not being so completely dark and frustrating. Julia and Brisbane still don't talk to each other nearly as much as they should, and a lot of the plot comes from their continued lack of trust. But at least they're together finally, and they do seem to be learning by the end of the book. This gives me hope for the future.

India provides a different setting, so that was interesting. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that although I should have found this change refreshing, I missed England and wished they would return to London again.

The mystery itself is ok. Still not the caliber of the beginning of the series, but I enjoyed it overall. I'm looking forward to reading The Dark Enquiry, which I believe does return to London, and hopefully more after that!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment