Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Avempartha


Avempartha
Avempartha by Michael J. Sullivan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This wasn't quite as fun as the first one, as it's taken a turn for the darker. It's still very enjoyable, but it feels more like a warm-up for the next book - which I think I'm going to have to start right away. Much is left hanging at the end, and my curiosity is piqued!

There's more magic here than in the first, more tantalizing hints about the elves, and more involvement with dwarves and wizards, all of which made me happy. I am glad the main focus was with the thieves again, but with enough intrigue from the scheming Church of Nyphron to keep me wondering - and hoping that the underdogs will prevail. There's so much potential here, I can't wait to see how it develops.

Onward!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment