Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: Arabella


Arabella
Arabella by Georgette Heyer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is one of my favorites from Heyer so far. At the beginning, I was afraid this was going to be one of those big-misunderstanding-driven plots, but there was no such discomfort to endure in spite of the scrapes that Arabella gets herself into. It's purely fun, full of humor and indulgence. I believe the best character is the dog, and love the relationship between him and his owner.

Don't expect the most intricate of plots, however. I believe I still enjoyed Regency Buck more because there's that little bit of mystery and danger to spice it up. But I really liked the main characters in Arabella and enjoyed every minute of their interactions.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment