Friday, March 6, 2015

Fate's Edge - Ilona Andrews


Fate's Edge
Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'm really behind on writing reviews lately. I want to get this one out there since I've already finished the last book of the series, so I'm going for the random bullet point method.

Things I liked:

  • The humor and fun of having a conman and conwoman as protagonists.
  • I really enjoyed the heists.
  • Kaldar is such a loveable rogue. There's plenty of witty dialog in the middle of serious jobs.
  • Jack and George have large roles to play. I like how this series has romance, but also has side characters to help balance things out.

Reasons why Bayou Moon is still my favorite:

  • I missed the Edge. This one takes place more in the Broken with just pockets of the Edge. I found the setting was much less rich as a result. I never thought I'd miss a swamp, but I did!
  • I also missed the larger clans, the wider world of characters.
  • Religious fanatics are not my favorite topic in the world.
  • I still prefer William, the brooding changeling, to Kaldar the rogue.
  • Cerise is way more dangerous with a sword than Audrey. Audrey is a talented thief, but she doesn't kick butt quite as well.

I've really enjoyed this series! It's such an interesting world. I'm sad that there are only four books. Maybe one day they'll change their minds and come back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment