Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: The Key


The Key
The Key by Marianne Curley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was an entertaining end to the trilogy. The two POVs offered in this book are Matt and Rochelle. They aren't my favorite narrators out of the lot. I kind of missed the characters from the two previous books, but I can see why the focus shifted to these two.

There's not a lot of time travel since the conflict comes to a head in the present. I didn't really miss it that much, though, since this series has never really spent much time on the actual time travel.

I tried not to get hung up on a couple of things - insta-love abounds in this one even more than the second book, and the big question of who the traitor is gets out of hand. I felt like the various suspicions, while creating suspense and drama, were also unrealistic and caused a lot of unnecessary grief. All they would have had to do was remember the actual prophecy to help them narrow the field... just saying. But I suppose you have to have a story, right? And it did keep me guessing.

Just a quick heads-up for those of you who think you're on a lighthearted adventure where all ends well. This ended up being more tragic than I expected - not everyone survives. But I was ok with the ending for the most part, probably because the POV shift made me not care so much. There was plenty of suspense and danger throughout, and it was a lot of fun to read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment