Monday, April 7, 2014

Review: Whisper of Jasmine


Whisper of Jasmine
Whisper of Jasmine by Deanna Raybourn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm not usually a big reader of novellas because they're too short to be satisfying, but this leads up to the actual book I want to read. (Seems like it could have been included as a prologue instead???)

As far as novellas go, I think this was a good one. We see Delilah from Spear of Summer Grass before her husband goes off to the war, so if you've read that book this will mean a lot more. Delilah also introduces us to a new character for City of Jasmine, which I can't wait to read. So this was a nice teaser, I suppose.

It was free when I bought it, but is now $.90. I don't think I would actually pay for it at 50 pages. On to the main feature...

Edit: After reading City of Jasmine, I would recommend saving this prequel for afterwards. This novella gives you some background information that spoils it a bit. I still enjoyed it, but if I hadn't known what is revealed here it would have been even better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment