Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Breakaway - Michelle Diener

Breakaway (Verdant String #1)Breakaway by Michelle Diener
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Note: This book is not the first in the series, even though it's technically #1. You need to start with the prequel novellas, Interference / Insurgency, since they take care of a lot of world-building. Plus they're really good for novellas.

I'm really enjoying this series so far. It's a combination of Sci Fi lite and Romance lite that works for me. I previously really liked Diener's Class 5 series, but wasn't too thrilled with Sky Raiders because it lacked the multi-cultural space opera intrigue and felt more dystopian to me (I only read the first one).

Now with the Verdant String, I feel like Diener has returned to form. It's been a while since I was tempted to binge read a series, but I seem to be doing so with this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment