Friday, November 9, 2018

Walk on Earth a Stranger - Rae Carson

Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Walk on Earth a Stranger is excellent YA historical fiction with a bare dusting of fantasy and a hint of potential future romance.

Carson really brought the wagon trail alive. Actually, so much alive that I am only rating it 3 stars even though it's really well done. There was too much death, too much grim and gritty detail, too much reality about the attitudes of the time as well as the physical hardships. Too much for me, anyway. I'm thankful it's YA, and there are some even darker things it didn't explore.

But I care about the characters who survived, so I'm tempted to read the next book. It might be worth suffering through more of this vivid reality to see what happens to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment