Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Tudor Secret - C.W. Gortner

The Tudor Secret (The Spymaster Chronicles, #1)The Tudor Secret by C.W. Gortner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First things first, this is not a mystery. For some reason I thought it was, but it's really just Historical Fiction. It covers a period of about 3 weeks, and the huge leaps in character growth during that time are quite unbelievable. Our main character starts out a naive, bumbling country boy who picks up on court intrigue and gains maturity with startling swiftness, in a matter of days. Definitely some suspension of disbelief is needed.

However, I found it a quick, light read, especially for a historical fiction set in the Tudor period. Things are not as fleshed out as they could be, but I liked the main character and a couple of the minor ones too. I might even choose to read more about them at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment