Saturday, October 1, 2016

Child of Flame - Kate Elliott

Child of Flame Child of Flame by Kate Elliott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A rich and vibrant world, fascinating peoples, creatures, histories, religions, magics, and wonderfully nuanced characters... I'm loving this series, even as I'm wishing for a faster pace. It's truly epic and detailed in its sprawl, which at times means it drags.

I'm realizing that I have to take breaks in my reading so I can continue to enjoy the world without growing too impatient. When I start willing it to go faster, I take a break and read something else. Then at other times, I fail to notice the hours flying by.

This is really a series to be savored. With its scope and the weight of each installment, it simply won't allow you to rush through. So far, the end of each book has been rewarding, and I miss the world and characters once I'm done. I guess I'm just going to be living there for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment