Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Golden Apple - Michelle Diener

The Golden Apple The Golden Apple by Michelle Diener
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Golden Apple is a fairytale retelling, but it's not a fairytale that I'm familiar with so it read more like a light Fantasy to me. This is very light Fantasy - not much world-building, not a huge cast, and the magic system is not a full-blown system. But it's fun and fast-paced.

Sometimes all I need is magic and adventure and a bit of romance without it being in that higher class, and this was just what I needed after some heavier books. It went really quickly, and I had to grab the sequel right away, which I'm also tearing through right now. (This is a duology, and the first novel does not stand alone.)

Is it perfect? Is every character well-developed? Well, no. There's not a lot of depth. But that's ok. I would recommended this for anyone needing a lighter read, not willing to invest in the couple to three hundred pages it often takes to get into a Fantasy world.


No comments:

Post a Comment