Saturday, May 2, 2015

Be Buried in the Rain - Barbara Michaels


Be Buried in the Rain
Be Buried in the Rain by Barbara Michaels

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really enjoyed this Gothic suspense novel. I was afraid it might be cheesy, especially since it was published in the 1980s, but it wasn't. I also didn't know what I would think of a Gothic novel set in contemporary Virginia, but the old manor house, its occupants, and the surrounding woods were broken down, overgrown, and eerie enough for a mystery of old bones.

The atmosphere was all you could wish for in this kind of book. It reminded me of Susanna Kearsley without the dual time periods, except this was more creepy (I think it was the bones). It was creepy enough to disturb me in the dark the last couple of nights - not that that's saying much, since I am easily affected by such things and avoid horror like the plague.

Also, I really enjoyed the dog.

I'll definitely be reading more of this author's work. I'm glad to see there's plenty to choose from.




No comments:

Post a Comment