Thursday, April 9, 2015

Honor's Knight - Rachel Bach


Honor's Knight
Honor's Knight by Rachel Bach

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



It's so refreshing to read a book without any slow or boring patches to get through! There was not one dull moment that I can think of in this book. I enjoyed the first book, but this one is way, way better.

The situation is no longer murky, and lots of new complications come out, making this a really strong middle book in a trilogy. This is not one of those filler novels. It takes what was introduced in Fortune's Pawn and blows it wide open, adding all sorts of new information and conflicts and surprises.

The action wasn't overpowering, either. I still felt like I got plenty of character time. I'm really loving Devi. She's not just kick-butt physically (but her fights are pretty awesome). She's also emotionally strong. I love how her brains don't just turn to mush over Rupert. She doesn't just brush off what he does to her like it doesn't matter. But she doesn't write him off either. She's very - adult. I love that she's not immature, but she is also confused by how love changes her, and she fights to adjust to it and still stay true to herself.

Safe to say, I'm really enjoying this series! With another whopping cliffhanger, I can't wait to see what happens in Heaven's Queen.




No comments:

Post a Comment