Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review: The Hawk and His Boy


The Hawk and His Boy
The Hawk and His Boy by Christopher Bunn

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



About 75 pages in, I decided to call this one good. It's just not holding my attention, and jumps all over the place to all these different characters, none of whom I care about yet. I keep waiting for it to actually get back to Jute, who at least was interesting in the beginning, but he's hardly made an appearance since. I know the bad guy better than him already.

Like another reviewer said, every chapter felt like another part of the introduction. It may have been my mood, but I didn't feel like waiting around for 300 pages of introduction to get to book 2, where maybe the adventure would begin.

Anyway, I found myself skimming and decided not to waste my time on it anymore. Then I looked and realized it was one of my free books, so I don't feel so bad dropping it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment