Friday, December 20, 2013

Review: A Bucket of Ashes


A Bucket of Ashes
A Bucket of Ashes by P.B. Ryan

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



It was ok... but not quite what I was hoping for in the finale of this series. The mystery was lackluster, with more focus on Nell than the mystery for much of it. Then Nell and Will's relationship took the contrived sort of turns that I dislike in a romance and didn't have as many of the more subtle interactions that I enjoyed in previous books. Until now, their relationship didn't have that 'romance' quality. So unfortunately I find myself disappointed in the resolution of 5 books of build-up. I really wish it wasn't true, but I feel let down.

Just another note of caution - as another reviewer noted, there are about 50 pages at the end of the ebook edition that are an excerpt from the first book in the series, just in case you hadn't read it I suppose. Luckily I was aware of this and didn't get the cheated feeling of reaching the end 50 pages too early.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment