Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Crossroads of Twilight


Crossroads of Twilight
Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



For The Wheel of Time series, Crossroads of Twilight is like one of those novellas that authors release between major installments of their work (only it can't really be called a novella at 660 pages unless it's in comparison to the other books in the series). It's a teaser, but also something to chew on while you wait. If you look at it that way, this book is enjoyable enough.

The reason I only give it 3 stars is not that I didn't enjoy it, but just that nothing really happened. I remember reading this the first time when it was released and having to wait for the next one, totally frustrated that nothing moved. I couldn't believe this was it. It's a big, long prologue, or interlude, with plenty of interesting tidbits, but nothing of substance. Really, nothing at all. I'm so glad I now have Knife of Dreams to launch into immediately!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment