Friday, February 8, 2013

Review: A Clockwork Fairytale


A Clockwork Fairytale
A Clockwork Fairytale by Helen Scott Taylor

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is an interesting fairytale about a girl brought up as a boy thief, with spies and monks, and a plot to take over the throne. There's a mix of steampunkish gadgets and a sort of magic involving the spark inside of things that can be brought out and manipulated.

There is plenty here to entertain, and the romance is sweet, although it jumps up rather than building slowly. I do feel that it could have used some more polishing in some places, and I have a couple unanswered questions (maybe there will be a sequel?), but all-in-all it was a quick, fascinating read. I wouldn't mind reading a follow-up story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment