Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review: Easy


Easy
Easy by Tammara Webber

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a lot different than most of the stuff I read. It's contemporary, and it's romance. I enjoyed the change, and I really enjoyed the college setting. I really can't think of anything else I've read that is in college rather than high school, so I felt like I was reading something new.

It is mainly a contemporary romance, and there is plenty of attention to the physical and emotional aspects of falling in (and out of) love. It's definitely for the more mature audience. There is sex, and although it's not very graphically described, there are other things that are quite explicit.

In spite of the heavy focus on romance, that's not all there is to this book. If it was, I probably wouldn't bother with writing this review because it would have been just a quick fluff read not worth thinking about. But there was enough here to make it more than that. It's also about the experience of college - classes, parties, the process of separating from parents, finding out who you are, etc. It also involves attempted rape, rape, and the social pressures surrounding the reporting of such assaults, so there is some pretty serious stuff in there. I am still thinking about it, so that tells me it's not just brain candy (not that I'm opposed to reading fluff when I'm in the mood!).

It was refreshing to read something other than the norm for me, and I also enjoyed indulging in a true romance for a change.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment