Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Review: The Warrior's Apprentice


The Warrior's Apprentice
The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I would have rated this 4 stars except for a hiccup about 3/4 of the way through that had me wondering why I was reading something that turned more sad than I expected, and devolved into disgusting descriptions of an illness that I really didn't want to be imagining.

Otherwise, it was a fun adventure. I wondered how in the world Miles was going to fulfill all of his promises built on lies that got out of hand, and I enjoyed seeing his intelligence and insight finding ways to pull it all together. I'm looking forward to reading more of his adventures. Cautiously, though, since this is the 2nd of 4 books by Bujold that I've read that features sordid attention to medical detail. In my squeamishness, this is TMI for me, and tends to become the thing I remember most about a book - which is a shame, but I can't help it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment