Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: The Body At The Tower


The Body At The Tower
The Body At The Tower by Y.S. Lee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'm really enjoying this series! I liked the first book even though it took a while to get to know Mary and to like her, but The Body at the Tower gets right into the thick of things and I was able to sympathize with her much more. Mary is now a trained spy working undercover as a boy on her first murder mystery. She is forced to face her childhood nightmares in addition to present dangers, and the world of poverty she enters feels very real.

I love the romance between Mary and James - it feels real and has real problems, such as the fact that James has no idea who Mary really is, and that Mary is supposed to stay single as a member of the Agency. And James doesn't just feel like a stock supporting character - he is well defined, he adds a layer of interest to the plot aside from the romance, and I really like him. I'm dying to see what happens with them in the next book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment